The ACT Violence Prevention Awards, which recognise exemplary work being done in the ACT community, were announced at a special celebration on 27 November. The Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence Yvette Berry presented the awards to:
- The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) for their work on developing the Safer Families Project for the AOD sector;
- Beryl Women Inc. for their Women’s Safety Booklet http://www.beryl.org.au/assets/beryl-safety-book.pdf ;
- Domestic Violence Crisis Service (DVCS) for their Upskilled sessions for women affected by domestic violence;
- John Hinchey (Victims of Crime Commissioner);
- Juliet Moody (Fearless Comedy Gala);
- Canberra Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) for their education in skills; and
- the Assistance Beyond Crisis (ABC) scheme developed by WCHM, DVCS, Deloitte, Snow Foundation, Care Financial Counselling and Service One.
Congratulations to all the winners!