Australia has changed a lot for Older Australians. Many new challenges have arisen, and coronavirus – or COVID 19 – is causing fear and confusion within the community. The Older Person’s COVID-19 Support Line has now commenced supported by funding from the Australian Government. Older Australians, their friends, relatives and supporters can call 1800 171 866 for any information or services they need.
Senior Australians, their families and carers can FREECALL 1800 171 866 if they:
- would like to talk with someone about what COVID-19 means for them or a loved one
- are feeling lonely or distressed or are worried about a loved one feeling the same
- are caring for a someone and need some information or a listening ear about what COVID-19 means for your circumstances
- are worried about what COVID-19 means for their usual aged care service
- are worried about a friend or family member living with dementia.