500,000 Australian women are estimated to be affected by endometriosis, with an estimated $7.7b in medical costs and lost earnings. Women suffer disruptive symptoms and debilitating pain, and endure multiple treatments to function normally. More research is needed into effective, non-invasive treatments.
A fundraising event for endometriosis research will be held at Ainslie Football Club on Sunday 18 March 2018 from 2pm until 5pm. The event includes:
- Presentations of photoart by Margaret Kalms
- RED, a dance film by Liz Lea
- Fashion parade of unique designs
- Auction of quality goods donated by local businesses
- Opportunity to order fashion clothing, bags, and household items with 20% of profits going to endometriosis research.