What To Say is a website which is designed to give individuals the information they need to identify sexual violence and know how to intervene as a bystander. It’s definitely not easy speaking up, but it is the right thing to do.
What To Say provides advice on some safe ways to intervene when you witness sexual violence, and it includes information about the legislation on non-consensual image sharing, and information relevant for universities and schools. It also provides:
- Advice on how to support a friend who tells you they’ve experienced sexual violence
- Scenario examples of how to intervene as a bystander
- Specific information for Men, Women, Students, Workplaces, Media
- Supports and contacts (local and national)
- External resources worth checking out